TCCLC AFL-CIO General Session Minutes October 17, 2016
- Meeting called to order at 7 PM and conducted by President, Brian Golden.
- Pledge of Allegiance by all
- Invocation by Dr. Bobbie Thompson
- Moment of silence for workers who have lost their lives on the job
- Officers Roll Call presented by Dr. Bobbie Thompson, Dr. Guild 4:
Tim Smith, IAM & AW 776-A, Present Maggie Kramer, IUPAT DC 88, Present
Darrel Kizer, TWU 513, Excused Ron Smitherman, BT/IWLU 263, Excused
Phyllis Goines, IBEW 220, Present Marc House, UAW 218, Excused
Chris Evans, IUEC 21, Present Dr. Bobbie Thompson, Dr. Guild 4, Present
John L. Pierce, IAM 776-C, Present Anna Ritchey, IAM & AW 776-B, Present
Tyler Turner, OPEIU 277, Excused Brian Golden, TWU 591, Present
Chip Serrano, UFCW Local 540, Excused Laura Hansen, APFA, Present
Linda Brown, CWA 6201, Present Bay Edwards, UAW 129, Absent
Mack Bennett, IUOE 178, Excused (Tim Smith, IAM & AW 776-A announced resignation)
Motion and 2nd to suspend Regular Order of Business to accommodate guest speakers: Chris Turner, Texas House of Representatives. Devan Allen, running for election. Steven Waters, Supreme Alliance, LLC.
- Minutes: Motion was issued to accept as printed and passed by all.
- EBoard Report: Dr. Bobbie Thompson stated that the Eboard was unable to have a meeting prior to this meeting, therefore there were no motions made.
- Credentials: Edna Wiley, CWA 6186 TSEU
Stephen Mason, CWA 6186 TSEU
Don Drain, IAM Retirees 776
- Financial Report: Presented by Tim Smith. Motion to accept, seconded and approved by all.
- Nominations and Elections: N/A
- Communications and Bills: They are available for review.
- Delegate Report: Christ Summers gave two weeks’ notice last week, and will no longer be TCCLC admin. Bridget Blake has been working as a replacement during this time. Motion and 2nd to hire Bridget on 90-day probationary period. Passed by all.
Tom Carlin discussed the death of Daly Willis and his wife’s passing today. Moment of silence for him & his wife.
Pauline Ramos Discussed volunteer opportunities at United Way. Discussed Las Vegas Trail Project. Snowball express 10/28 6am-8pm, volunteers are needed.
Tim Smith discussed CLC using non-union workers.
- motion to have TCCLC send letter to CLC discussing our position - 2nd, passed by all.
- President’s Report: (read by Brian Golden)
Eboard resignations: Robert Anthony – letter read. Tim Smith – letter read. Prior resignations – Ed Thompson & Robert McCoy. There are now 4 Eboard positions available – will accept nominations:
- Tina Harris, ULINA 154 Nominated
- BJ Thompson, NALC Nominated
- Aurora Lopez, IAM 776-A Nominated
- Joshua Hatton, TSEU & CWA 6186
Motion & 2nd to elect all candidates by acceleration. Passed by all.
BJ Thompson, Aurora Lopez, & Joshua Hatton sworn in as officers. Notified that Ebaord meets at 6pm
Thank you, UAW 218 – Mark Upton for dinner tonight. Next month, TWU 513 Darryl Kizer.
TX AFL-CIO has new leadership. 12/2 –
President: Richard Levy
Secretary-Tresurer: Montserrat Garibay.
Motion & 2nd to send president to John Patrick’s retirement party at hotel.
NO motion for donation for a table at Dem Party Wild Women’s luncheon. Discussion from Tom Carlin: brought to our attention that D. Peoples & Dem party not helping TCCLC.
Constitutional amendments & sample ballots available for review on TCCLC website, and asked us to remind members to vote. Voting Dates:
- Early Voting: 10/23 ends 11/3
- Normal Voting: 11/7
State Board of Education discussed how Texas influences US textbooks
President wrote a letter to school board of Fort Worth ISD to request they keep cafeteria workers as local jobs in Tarrant County. Next Tuesday, 10/24, is the school board meeting and asked if someone from TCCLC would like to speak at the meeting.
- Committees: Scholarship Committee – Dr. Bobbie Thompson notified scholarship applications are available on Texas State AFL-CIO website or you can get it from local TCCLC. Applications due by 1/31/2018.
- Unfinished Business: None
- Good and Welfare: Motion & 2nd to move November meeting to 11/14 & suspend December meeting. Resume normal business in January 2018. Passed by all.
Motion for Brian to return Grant money to National AFL-CIO because we cannot afford to hire a full time political director. Motion & 2nd to send money back to National AFL-CIO – passed by all.
- Motion to adjourn, seconded by all. Motion carried; meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM.
~ Minutes submitted by Dr. Bobbie Thompson, Recording Secretary
October 17, 2017 sign in:
Bryce Unck, IAM 776-A Mark Miller, IAM 776-A
BJ Thompson, NALC Mark Upton, Local 218
Kevin Riley, Local 218 James Bradshaw, Local 218
Pauline Ramos, IAM 776-A Evan Burris, UFW 1000
Victor Bowling, UFCW 1000 Debra Walker, 776-A Retirees
Gary Hill, Local 220 Beverly Thompson, NALC 226
Joshua Hatton, TSEU & CWA 6186 Tom Carlin, TWU 513
Mike Hinojosa, CWA 6171 John Gardner, TWU 513
Doyle Langston, NALC 226 Aurora Lopez, IAM 776-A
Don Drain, IAM 776 Retiree’s Severin Sampson, IATSE 126
Aaron Pino, AFM 72-147 Dr. Amy Mohr, Dr.’s Guild
Otis Joines, UAW 218 Danny Russell, IAM 2135
Jim Rivers, CWA 6201 Billy Smith, UAW 218
Shirley Smith, UAW 218 Nina Hawkins, UAW 218
Johnny Clark, UAW 218 Robert Milhollin, AFGE 1040
Edna Wiley, TSEU 6186 Bridget Blake, TCCLC