TCCLC AFL-CIO General Session Minutes November 14, 2017
- Meeting called to order at 7 PM by President, Brian Golden
- Pledge of Allegiance by all
- Moment of silence for workers who have lost their lives on the job
- Officers Roll Call presented by Chris Evans, IUEC Elevator Construction local 21:
Mack Bennett, IUOE 178, Present Brian Golden, TWU 591, Present
Ron Smitherman, BT/IWLU 263, Present B.J. Thompson, NALC 226, Present
Chris Evans, IUEC 21, Present Darrel Kizer, TWU 513, Present
Anna Ritchey, IAM & AW 776-B, Present Marc House, UAW 218, Present
Maggie Kramer, IUPAT DC 88, Present Tyler Turner, OPEIU 277, Present
Bay Edwards, UAW 129, Present Joshua Hatton, CWA 6186 TSEU, Present
Phyllis Goines, IBEW 220, Excused John L. Pierce, IAM 776-C, Excused
Laura Hansen, APFA, Excused Chip Serrano, UFCW Local 540, Excused
Dr. Bobbie Thompson, Dr. Guild 4, Excused Linda Brown, CWA 6201, Excused
Aurora Lopez, IAM 776-A, Absent Tina Harris, LIUNA Laborers 154, Absent
- Regular Meeting was suspended to introduce guest(s): Motion given, seconded and passed by all.
- Vanessa Adia – SD 12 congressional candidate
Regular Order of Business Resumed:
- Minutes: Motion was issued to correct minutes as printed and accept. Passed by all.
- EBoard Report: Chris Evans stated that the Eboard met prior to this meeting and accepted recommendations. He also stated that there was a motion to purchase a table at the John Patrick retirement party, which was passed. There was also a discussion about an upcoming protest held by UFCW at Walmart on 11/20/17. There was also discussion about needing donations for dinner at 2018’s meetings, and a list for members to sign up with during the general meeting.
- Financial Report: Presented by Marc House. Motion to accept, seconded and approved by all.
- Nominations and Elections: Ron Smitherman was elected to 3rd VP, and Tyler Turner was elected as a Trustee 2nd motion and passed.
- Communications and Bills: Filed and brought up under regular order of business. They are available for review.
- Delegate Report: Pauline Ramos from United Way presents: Pay Day loan discussion and report
- ACH Services Christmas benefit concert feat. Luke Wade. Held on Dec. 9th 2017 from 1pm-4pm, for entry: bring an unwrapped gift for a child. United Way recommended that gifts for teenagers would be the best.
- Committees: Joshua Hatton asked for support in recruiting new union members.
- Unfinished Business: None
- New Business/Presidential Report:
- Wanting to build our social media presence: i.e., Facebook and Twitter. And also building our mailing list. There is a sign up sheet for members who are not on our email list.
- Ron Smitherman was nominated as 3rd VP of Eboard. Motion & 2nd – install by acclimation.
- Talked about food being a positive influence on delegates in meetings, and we hope to continue the tradition in the new year with delegates continuing to bring dinner to our meetings. There is a sign up sheet for members to choose a month to bring food.
- Talked about the benefits of being in a union: although we pay $30 a month for union dues, it is estimated that Union Members make an average of $220.60 more a month than non union members.
- Marc House and Brian Golden met with Rick Levy and Jeff Rothcott for campaign planning.
- Joe Strauss is retiring and we may support him if he runs for governor,
- Pauline and Brian met with ___ to educate people about services available to them through United Way, and let them know this rate can change their situation.
- This Thursday a meeting on Pay Day Loan reformation in Dallas and we need to have a volunteer to go to this function, as we were invited but it is the same time as TCCLC’s protest for Nabisco.
- Nabisco and Molendez protest is to be held Thursday, Nov. 16th at 2pm.
- Motion to purchase a table at the John Patrick retirement party in Houston for 10 seats, as discussed in Eboard meeting. Motion & 2nd – passed.
- Reading of candidates who will be running in the next election.
- Reading of proposition outcome of the last election. All propositions passed.
- Motion to adjourn, seconded by all. Motion carried; meeting adjourned at 8:00 PM.
~ Minutes submitted by Chris Evans, IUEC Elevator Construction 21
November 14, 2017 sign in:
Ray Kramer, CWA 6201, present Don Drain, IAM AW Retirees, present
Danny Russell, IAM 2135, present Sandra Boudloche, AFGE 2139, present
Gary Hun, IBEW 220, present Mike Hinojosa. CWA 6171, present
Severin Sampson, IATSE 126, present Pauline Ramos, IAM 776-A, present
Billy Smith, UAW 218, present James Bradshaw, UAW 218, present
Doyle Langston, NALC 226, present Shirley Smith, UAW 218, present
Jim Rivers, CWA 6201, present Andrew Cortes, UFCW 540, present
Gonzolo Reyes. UFCW 540, present Connie Rodriguez, UAW 218, present
Steve Manson, CWA 6186 TSEU, present William Fa, TWU 513, present
Karl Bishop, CWA 6171, present Edna Wiley, CWA 6186, present