TCCLC AFL-CIO General Session Minutes August 15, 2017
- Meeting called to order at 7 PM and conducted by First Vice President, Maggie Kramer.
- Pledge of Allegiance by all
- Invocation by Dr. Bobbie Thompson
- Moment of silence for workers who have lost their lives on the job
- Officers Roll Call presented by Dr. Bobbie Thompson, Dr. Guild 4:
Tim Smith, IAM & AW 776-A, Excused Maggie Kramer, IUPAT DC 88, Present
Brian Golden, TWU 591, Excused Ron Smitherman, BT/IWLU 263, Excused
Phyllis Goines, IBEW 220, Present Marc House, UAW 218, Present
Anna Ritchey, IAM & AW 776-B, Present John L. Pierce, IAM 776-C, Present
Tyler Turner, OPEIU 277, Absent Chris Evans, IUEC 21, Present
Robert Anthony, LIUNA 154, Excused Laura Hansen, APFA, Present
Ed Thompson, APWU 98, Absent Chip Serrano, UFCW Local 540, Present
Dr. Bobbie Thompson, Dr. Guild 4, Present Darrel Kizer, TWU 513, Excused
Bay Edwards, UAW 129, Absent Mack Bennett, IUOE 178, Excused
Linda Brown, CWA 6201, Present (Tina Harris, LIUNA 154 for Robert Anthony, Present)
- Minutes: Motion was issued to accept as printed and passed by all.
- EBoard Report: Dr. Bobbie Thompson stated that the Eboard met prior to this meeting and accepted recommendations. She also notified the membership of open seats at the Dallas AFL-CIO Labor Day Picnic’s TCCLC sponsored table.
- Financial Report: Presented by Marc House. Motion to accept, seconded and approved by all.
- Nominations and Elections: N/A
- Communications and Bills: They are available for review.
- Delegate Report: Joshua Hatton discussed National AFL-CIO President Trumka’s role on President Trump’s council. *TCCLC membership body noted that Trumka resigned from the council.
Mark Upton discussed the upcoming UAW 218 / TCCLC Labor Day Picnic and thanked TCCLC for their donation. Volunteers are still needed and Congressman Veasey is expected to be present.
Dr. Bobbie Thompson spoke about the Workers Comp Educational Conference by TDI to be held in October. The cost is $350 and will have good information for your benefits coordinator. She will email the information to Christi Summers to email out to TCCLC members. Next, Dr. Bobbie mentioned that Texas Medical Institute is now doing Family Practice at their Forest Hill location.
- President’s Report: (from Agenda by Brian Golden, read by Maggie Kramer)
Thank you for TWU picket assistance at DFW American Airlines on 7/26/17.
*John Pierce discussed Hollingsworth Logistics and possible need for help with IAM in their negotiations with Hollingsworth.
Next, Maggie Kramer went on to speak about the TX Legislative 30-day special session that ends tomorrow (8/16/17) in Austin. TCCLC will need to focus on SD10 in the upcoming election and will be asking for volunteers.
Thank you to Drs. Guild 4 for Saltgrass refreshments provided at this meeting. IAM will be providing food for the September meeting, TWU 513 will bring refreshments in October, and UAW 218 will be providing at November’s meeting.
TCCLC plaque for Richard McCoy was read and shown to the body.
Next, a letter from National AFL-CIO President Trumka was read, stating that TCCLC had received a Solidarity Grant.
TCCLC will have a table at the UAW 218 / TCCLC Labor Day Picnic. Thanks was given to TX AFL-CIO for their donation to the picnic. *Christi Summers asked for members to RSVP on the TCCLC website.
Members went to a “NO SB4” protest in Downtown Fort Worth. There will be a vote tonight (8/15/17) at the Fort Worth City Council Meeting.
Thank you for the United Way “Stuff the Bus” school supplies donations. A special thank you went out to Drs. Guild 4 & IAM 776 for their extra contributions.
Christi Summers needs help with clearing up and disposing of old TCCLC computers. Please see her after the meeting.
Congratulations to the new Officers and staff at the Texas Building & Construction Trades.
TCCLC will have an audit of the books performed.
There are pending changes at TX AFL-CIO. There will be more information to follow.
- Unfinished Business: None
- Good and Welfare: Prayers for TX AFL-CIO President John Patrick’s health and recovery.
- Motion to adjourn, seconded by all. Motion carried; meeting adjourned at 7:39 PM.
~ Minutes submitted by Dr. Bobbie Thompson, Recording Secretary
August 15, 2017 sign in:
Ray Kramer, CWA 6201, present Don Drain, IAM 776 retired, present
Christi Summers, IUOE 178, present Mark Upton, UAW 218, present
Dr. Amy Mohr, Drs. Guild 4, present Debra Walker, IAM 776 retired, present
Mike Hinojosa, CWA 6171, present Randy Deel, IAM 776-A, present
Gary Hill, IBEW 220, present Danny Russell, IAM 2135, present
Jim Rivers, CWA 6201, present Joshua Hatton, CWA 6201 TSEU, present
BJ Thompson, NALC 226, present Beverly Thompson, NALC 226, present
Otis A. Joines, UAW 218, present Aaron Pino, AFM 72-147, present
Stewart Williams, AFM 72-147, present Sandra Boudloche, AFGE 2139, present
Doyle Langston, NALC 226, present Victor Bowling, UFCW 1000, present
William Harris, APWU 98, present Andrew Cortes, UFCW 540, present
Phillip Godino, UFCW 540, present Gonzalo Reyes, UFCW 540, present