TCCLC AFL-CIO General Session Minutes June 20, 2017
- Meeting called to order at 7 PM by President, Brian Golden
- Pledge of Allegiance by all
- Moment of silence for workers who have lost their lives on the job
- Invocation by Maggie Kramer
- Officers Roll Call presented by Dr. Bobbie Thompson, Dr. Guild 4:
Tim Smith, IAM & AW 776-A, Excused Maggie Kramer, IUPAT DC 88, Present
Brian Golden, TWU 591, Present Ron Smitherman, BT/IWLU 263, Present
Phyllis Goines, IBEW 220, Present Marc House, UAW 218, Present
Anna Ritchey, IAM & AW 776-B, Present John L. Pierce, IAM 776-C, Absent
Tyler Turner, OPEIU 277, Excused Chris Evans, IUEC 21, Excused
Robert Anthony, LIUNA 154, Present Laura Hansen, APFA, Present
Ed Thompson, APWU 98, Absent Chip Serrano, UFCW Local 540, Absent
Dr. Bobbie Thompson, Dr. Guild 4, Present Darrel Kizer, TWU 513, Present
Richard McCoy, NALC 226, Absent Bay Edwards, UAW 129, Absent
Mack Bennett, IUOE 178, Present Linda Brown, CWA 6201, Present
- Regular Meeting was suspended to introduce guest(s):
- Dr. Bobbie Thompson – Chair / Dr. Amy Mohr – Co-Chair (presented certificates)
- Kendall Hill’s daughter, Tiffany, presented his Memorial scholarship and matched the scholarship amount
Regular Order of Business Resumed:
- Minutes: Accepted as printed and passed by all.
- EBoard Report: Met prior to this meeting and will be discussed in the Presidential Report.
- Financial Report: Presented by Marc House. Motion to accept, seconded and approved by all.
- Nominations and Elections: N/A
- Communications and Bills: Filed and brought up under regular order of business. They are available for review.
- Delegate Report: Pauline Ramos (IAM 776-A) thanked people for donating to the NALC food drive. She also asked for volunteers for tomorrow’s day of action. Next, she spoke about how the numbers at United Way are down and requested donations for the United Way. Tom Carlin then thanked Christi Summers for organizing the Golf Tournament. Then, Brian Golden announced that Christi Summers is officially released from the temporary employment agency and is now fulltime at TCCLC. Gary Livingston spoke about the Labor Day Picnic at UAW 218. He then discussed the anti-Trump protest in Fort Worth to be held this Saturday, 11am-1pm.
- Unfinished Business: None
- New Business/Presidential Report: Brian Golden conducted this portion. An invitation to the UAW 218 Labor Day Picnic was extended to National AFL-CIO President, Rich Trumka. Brian Golden then asked for volunteers for an Awards Committee. Next, he gave thanks to IUOE 178 for Chick-Fil-A at this months’ meeting. IUEC 21 will be providing the refreshments at the July meeting. Dr. Guild 4 then volunteered to bring food for the August meeting, while IAM AW 776-B said they would provide September’s meeting refreshments. Brian Golden then reported on funds raised at the 5/25/17 Golf Tournament. Next, there was a motion to pay for Marvin Sutton’s support letters postage. The motion was seconded and passed by all. Brian Golden spoke about how Marvin Sutton lost by two votes on the recount. He then reminded the members of the importance to get out and vote. Next, he spoke about how the race in Georgia, Jeff Osoff District 6, is the one to watch right now. There was a motion to order 5,000 quantity TCCLC envelopes; the motion was seconded and passed by all. Brian Golden then discussed the TX AFL-CIO “Ruth Ellinger Labor Leaders School”. There is information available for anyone that is interested. Next, he discussed the TX AFL-CIO convention to be held in Houston, TX, 6/22/17 – 6/25/17. The focus remains on fighting for the SD10 seat. Brian Golden then reminded the members that Dr. Bobbie Thompson will be attending the convention as the voted upon TCCLC delegate. A motion was presented to send Christi Summers to work a table at the convention and to cover expenses and lost time per CLC travel policy. The motion was seconded and passed by all. Brian Golden asked to give TCCLC a “like” on FaceBook and to follow on Twitter. He concluded by asking the Local Affiliates to turn in forms to update their information in their files.
- Good and Welfare: Maggie Kramer thanked the TCCLC for support and stated that she was the second highest fundraiser for Relay for Life. Robert Anthony said that he has nine days left until his retirement.
- Motion to adjourn, seconded by all. Motion carried; meeting adjourned at 7:43 PM.
~ Minutes submitted by Dr. Bobbie Thompson, Recording Secretary
June 20, 2017 sign in:
Ray Kramer, CWA 6201, present Mark Miller, IAM 776-A, present
Gary Livingston, UAW 218, present Aurora Lopez, IAM 776-A, present
Randy Deel, IAM 776-A, present Christi Summers, IUOE 178, present
Chuck Tyler, OPEIU 277, present Debra Walker, IAM Retiree, present
Earnest Boone, IAM 776-B Sec./Treas., present John Gardner, TWU 513, present
Pauline Ramos, IAM 776-A, present Mike Hinojosa, CWA 6171, present
Brenda Brimer, OPEIU, present Gary Hill, IBEW 220, present
Dr. Amy Mohr, Drs. Guild 4, present Tom Carlin, TWU 513, present
Emmanuel Ndu, TWU 513, present Tina Harris, LIUNA 154, present
Stewart Williams, AFM 72-147, present Robert Milhollin, AFGE 1040, present
Aaron Pino, AFM 72-147, present Doyle Langston, NALC 226, present