TCCLC AFL-CIO General Session Minutes April 18, 2017
- Meeting called to order at 7 PM by President, Brian Golden
- Pledge of Allegiance by all
- Moment of silence for workers who have lost their lives on the job
- Invocation by Maggie Kramer
- Officers Roll Call presented by Dr. Bobbie Thompson, Dr. Guild 4:
Tim Smith, IAM & AW 776-A Present Maggie Kramer, IUPAT DC 88 Present
Brian Golden, TWU 591 Present Ron Smitherman, BT/IWLU 263 Present
Phyllis Goines, IBEW 220 Present Marc House, UAW 218 Present
Anna Ritchey, IAM & AW 776-B Present John L. Pierce, IAM 776-C Excused
Tyler Turner, OPEIU 277 Present Chris Evans, IUEC 21 Present
Robert Anthony, LIUNA 154 Present Laura Hansen, APFA Present
Ed Thompson, APWU 98 Absent Chip Serrano, UFCW Local 540 Absent
Dr. Bobbie Thompson, Dr. Guild 4 Present Arnise Porter, CWA 6201 Absent
Darrel Kizer, TWU 513 Present Richard McCoy, NALC 226 Excused
Mack Bennett, IUOE 178 Present Linda Brown, CWA 6201 Present
Bay Edwards, UAW 129, Present
- Regular Meeting was suspended to introduce guests:
Elaine Adkinson of “Project Phoenix”, discussed possible expansion into Tarrant County
Vanessa Adia, running for Congress against Kay Granger
Regular Order of Business Resumed:
- Introduction: Christi Summers, TCCLC new Administrative Assistant. There was a motion carried to allow her to stay in the meeting, then seconded and passed by all.
- Minutes: Motioned and seconded, accepted as printed.
- EBoard Report: Met prior to this meeting and will be discussed in the Presidential Report.
Anthony Elmo, UFCW 1000 Mark Miller, IAM 776-A
Randy Deel, IAM 776-A Eloy Rodriguez, IAM 776-A
Evan Burris, UFCW 1000 Cody Lee, UFCW 1000
Victor Bowling, UFCW 1000
- Thank you to the Doctors Guild for providing food from Rosa’s Café. Machinists to provide food at the May 16, 2017 meeting.
- Financial Report: Presented by Marc House. Motion to accept, seconded and approved by all.
- Nominations and Elections: N/A
- Communications and Bills: Filed and brought up under regular order of business. They are available for review.
- Delegate Report: Pauline Ramos (United Way) discussed the Letter Carrier Food Drive on May 13, 2017 and the 5/29/17 Feeding the Homeless event. Joshua Hatton (TSEU) spoke about the need for help with House Bills. COPE Committee Chair, Tom Carlin, gave reports on the recommended endorsements for the local upcoming election: Ashley Paz (FW School Board), Marvin Sutton (Arlington City Council), Jennifer Trevino (FW School Board) & Arlington FF Prop 2. The motion was carried to accept endorsement recommendations of COPE Committee. It was then seconded and passed by all. Dr. Bobbie Thompson thanked the 4/1/17 Scholarship Committee for their time and help.
- Unfinished Business: None
- New Business/Presidential Report: Brian Golden conducted this portion. He spoke about bringing Project Phoenix to Tarrant County. Then, he discussed the Texas AFL-CIO Convention in June 2017. Brian Golden said that the Unity Table would be meeting at TCCLC the following week. He let everyone know that the General Session Meeting minutes would be posted on the website from March 2017 forward. Brian Golden discussed the 4/5/17 Strategic Planning Committee. Notes are available for pickup. He spoke about the Eboard recommendation to send himself to the 5/8/17 – 5/12/17 Core Cities Strategy Convening for the National AFL-CIO in Minnesota. Brian Golden has requested to be reimbursed for 5 days lost time to the appropriate party as well as transportation costs. The motion was carried, seconded and passed by all. He then discussed the Eboard recommendation to donate $500- to Relay for Life on behalf of Maggie Kramer. This motion was carried, seconded and passed by all. Brian Golden gave the Eboard recommendation to reimburse Texas Medical Institute for breakfast, lunch & workers at the 4/1/17 Scholarship Committee meeting. There was a motion given, seconded and passed by all. He also presented the Eboard recommendation to donate $1,000- to Guide Dogs of America for the upcoming car and bike show rally. The motion was carried, seconded and passed. Brian Golden let the members know that he will be attending the DNC Fight Back Tour. He then informed everyone that $20- a month had been saved on future internet bills at the office of the TCCLC. He next announced that Chris Evans had won 1st place in skeet shooting at the Shoot for a Cure contest. We have been active in this shoot since 2013. Brian Golden discussed the Georgia House race. Jeff Ossif is running for Newt Gingrich’s old seat and recommendation was given to watch it on the news. Brian Golden gave a big thank you to OPEIU for donating $5,000 to the upcoming Golf Tournament. He also gave much thanks to Iron Workers, Building Trades, etc. for their support as well. He then let members know that Maggie Kramer is in charge of the goodie bags for the Golf Tournament.
- Good and Welfare: John Gardner (TWU) recommended that all motorcyclists wear their helmets and gave sad news of a loss of a Union Member. Maggie Kramer gave thanks and appreciation for the donation to Relay for Life.
- Motion to adjourn, seconded by all. Motion carried; meeting adjourned 7:54 PM.
~ Minutes submitted by Dr. Bobbie Thompson, Recording Secretary
APRIL 2017 sign in:
Jay King, IAM & AW 776-C present Gary Livingston, UAW 218 present
Chuck Taylor, OPEIU 277 present Mike Hinojosa, CWA 6171 present
Ricardo Portila, TWU 513 present Billy Smith, WAW 218 present
Shirley Smith, UAW 218 present Pauline Ramos, IAM 776 present
Brenda Brimer, OPEIU present BR Day, Machinist present
John Gardner, TWU 513 present Beverly Thompson, NALC 226 present
B.J. Thompson, NALC 226 present Severin Sampson, IATSE 126 present
Angela Batra, OPEIU 277 present Ben Martinez, APWU 098 present
William Harris, APWU 098 present Jim Rivers, CWA 6201 present
Becky Turner, OPEIU 277 present Anthony Elmo, UFCU 1000 present
Dr. Amy Mohr, Drs Guild present Mark Miller, IAM 776-A present
Cody Lee, UFCW 1000 present Tina Harris, LIUNA 154 present
Victor Bowling, UFCW 1000 present Joshua Hatton, TSEU-CWA 6186 present
Danny Russell, IAM & AW 2135 present Aurora Lopez, IAM 776-A present
Doyle Langston, NALC 226 present Tom Carlin, TWU 513 present
Randy Deel, IAM 776-A present Eloy Rodriguez, IAM 776-A present
Evan Burris, UFCW 1000 present